3 things you need to know about apartment insurance

Condominium insurance is insurance that you can purchase to cover the units and personal belongings within your property. This type of insurance is essential as it covers issues such as theft and accidental injury that are not covered by the Homeowners Association (HOA) master policy.

In some cases, state law may require condo insurance. Condo insurance costs vary depending on coverage, but are usually very affordable. Please contact your insurance company to purchase condominium insurance. They can then provide you with a quote and help you find the right policy.

It’s always a good idea to take out condo insurance. But not all policies are the same. Here are three things you should know before you buy condominium insurance.

1) Make sure your policy covers your personal items. Your policy should protect furniture, electronic equipment, and other personal items in case of theft or damage.

2) Make sure your policy covers your responsibilities. If someone gets hurt in your condo, your policy will help protect you from financial harm.

3) Coverage may be required to repair damage to interior walls and other items such as cabinets and countertops.

It may be helpful to understand the scope of the HOA master policy. This policy generally covers the building itself and common areas. It is important to understand what the HOA Master Policy covers, as we do not want to duplicate coverage. For example, if your HOA Master Policy covers your roof, you do not need to purchase roof coverage with your condo insurance.

Condo insurance is essential to protect your investment and personal belongings. Understand the coverage options available and choose insurance that fits your needs.

At Brennan & Stuart, we understand the importance of having proper condo insurance. We help you understand your options and ensure the right policies are applied. To schedule a review, please contact us at 815-223-0137.

Brennan & Stuart

222 Bucklin Street

LaSalle, IL 61301


Leave a Comment