Hello everyone. Sean Peek, host of the Douglasville Daily. This Tuesday, let’s get you started properly by briefly explaining everything you need to know about what’s happening in the city these days.In today’s issue you’ll find news about. ..
- multiple open positions Douglas County
- Douglas County Murder Suspect wanted by the police
- Douglasville basketball star the season begins
But first of all, today’s weather.
Sunny and sometimes cloudy. High: 78 Low: 49.
🏡 Attention Douglasville Real Estate Pros! We now offer exclusive sponsorship opportunities to agents interested in attracting local clients and standing out from the competition. Click here for more information.
Here are the top 5 news from Douglasville today.
- Police are warning residents of multiple car break-ins in the Douglasville area. Between 2am and 4:40am on Saturday, 50 unlocked cars were robbed on Cedar Forest Drive, Braylen Manor Drive and Chicago Park. Surveillance footage available from nearby homes shows a number of suspects committing crimes. (FOX 5 Atlanta)
- The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is looking for anyone connected to the murder. Harold Dekers, 34, was last seen in Villa Rica. Police have not released additional information about the murder that occurred last Friday. (WSB Atlanta)
- On November 2nd, warrants were issued against two men in Douglas County for alleged fraud and forgery. Douglasville’s Jamal Bradley and Xavier McGee were identified as suspects. Commissioner John F. King alleges that the two falsified medical records and bills after a car accident in May 2021 and was paid about $54,000 by Progressive Insurance Company. (insurance fraud)
- College basketball season kicks off tonight with a game between the Georgetown Hoyas and the Coppin State Eagles. Douglasville’s Malik Battle will serve as the Eagles’ defense. As a high school student, Battle played for both his College of South Georgia Technicals and Alexander High School. Hoya Coppin State played Charlotte He against the 49ers last night as featured on ESPN+. (Casual Hoya)
- Looking for a new career opportunity to connect with the larger Douglas community? Douglas County is looking for multiple full-time positions, including secretary, senior network engineer, and program assistant. Job details and application information can be found at the link. (Douglas County)
Douglasville and Surroundings Today:
- Fairy Pumpkin Habitat Workshop Marietta’s Cobb County Water System (10 am)
- vision board Douglasville’s Village Premier Collection (1:00 pm)
- board game meetup Giga-Bites Tabletop Cafe, Marietta (5:00 pm)
- karaoke At Hippin Hops Brewery and Distillery in Atlanta (5:00 pm)
From my notes:
- Looking for a new job or considering a career change? There are currently multiple full-time vacancies in and around Douglasville. Jobs available include customer service, business services, and sales. (douglas bill patch)
- On November 12th, the Douglas County Museum of History and Art will host a “Who We Know” Sports Figure Reception from 9am to 3pm. An autograph session with NASCAR star Mason Massey will take place from 9am to 11am (Douglas County Museum of History and Art)
- The Douglasville Police Department will host a City Hall and Community Strengthening Meeting on Thursday, November 10 at 6:30 PM. This City Hall is focused on the faith-based community, but everyone is welcome. (Douglasville Police Department via Facebook)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
- Books for Africa book collection Sponsored by the West Georgia (GA) Chapter of the Links, Incorporat (November 19th)
- add event
You are officially in the loop today. See you later!
— sean peak
About Us: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and his director of marketing for various digital media companies. He now co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.